-   -   Improving data retrieval system (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/307102-improving-data-retrieval-system.html)

Webem0ch[_4_]

Improving data retrieval system

Hello - I have an Excel workbook type data retrieval system that I a
attempting to improve upon. The workbook contains roughly 100
rows/records.

I am looking to learn of two seperate process enhancement features:
1. A way to easily identify cells that within which changes hav
occured. An onChange event type of function. . .

2. After I have located and recorded those changes within our centra
database I would then like to learn of a means by which I can re-se
the worksheet/previously changed cells - thus again making it possibl
for me to easily identify them should their contents change.

Advance thanks!

Michae

david mcritchie

Improving data retrieval system

Hi Michael,
I don't think that Excel is a very good tool for recording changes,
I would think if you really wanted to do this best you would be
using you database from start to finish, but take a look at
http://google.com/groups?threadm=%23...GP09.phx. gbl

Which mentions use of highlight change for shared workbooks,
best reserved for minor changes prior to publication, in my opinion.
And some alternative with Worksheed Change events.
--
---
HTH,

"Webem0ch " wrote ...
Hello - I have an Excel workbook type data retrieval system that I am
attempting to improve upon. The workbook contains roughly 1000
rows/records.

I am looking to learn of two separate process enhancement features:
1. A way to easily identify cells that within which changes have
occured. An onChange event type of function. . .

2. After I have located and recorded those changes within our central
database I would then like to learn of a means by which I can re-set
the worksheet/previously changed cells - thus again making it possible
for me to easily identify them should their contents change.