-   -   wildcards with sumif/countif in macro/vba (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/306967-wildcards-sumif-countif-macro-vba.html)

Stefanie K.

wildcards with sumif/countif in macro/vba

I know that you can use * as a wildcard with sumif and countif
functions in excel worksheets, but I was wondering if it's also
possible in macros/vba.

For example:
Application.SumIf(Range(Cells(1, 32), Cells(433, 32)), "*.aa.1t",
Range(Cells(1, 17), Cells(433, 17)))

Is this possible? If not, alternatives to this would be greatly
appreciated.
Thanks,
Stefanie

Frank Kabel

wildcards with sumif/countif in macro/vba

Hi
yes you can. Your statement should work. Have you tried it?

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Stefanie K." schrieb im Newsbeitrag
om...
I know that you can use * as a wildcard with sumif and countif
functions in excel worksheets, but I was wondering if it's also
possible in macros/vba.

For example:
Application.SumIf(Range(Cells(1, 32), Cells(433, 32)), "*.aa.1t",
Range(Cells(1, 17), Cells(433, 17)))

Is this possible? If not, alternatives to this would be greatly
appreciated.
Thanks,
Stefanie

Bob Phillips[_6_]

wildcards with sumif/countif in macro/vba

Stefanie,

If you tried it and it didn't work, it may be that the worksheet is not
active, so try fully qualifying

With Worksheets("Sheet1")
Application.SumIf(.Range(.Cells(1, 32), .Cells(433, 32)),
"*.aa.1t",.Range(.Cells(1, 17), .Cells(433, 17)))
End With

--

HTH

Bob Phillips