-   -   Maximum Unique Records in Pivot Table (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/306907-maximum-unique-records-pivot-table.html)

Marston

Maximum Unique Records in Pivot Table

Does anyone know what the max is? I'm getting this message from a
pivot I'm trying to make....

My file is roughly 50,000 records long with 3 data columns, one of
which is a number for months. Probably 80% of the 50,000 records have
12 months of entries - thus the # of unique records is probably in the
neighborhood of 10,000. Is this too many?

Tom Ogilvy

Maximum Unique Records in Pivot Table

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=211517
XL2000: Limits of PivotTables in Microsoft Excel 2000

"There is a limit of 8,000 unique items per row field, column field, or page
field. "

Tom Ogilvy

om...