-   -   text box reference (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/306899-text-box-reference.html)

Caroline vincent

text box reference

Hello,

Instead of referencing my form text box to a cell on the
active sheet(see code below which works):
Private Sub UserForm_Activate()
TextBox1.Text = ActiveSheet.Range("ag11").Value
End Sub

I am trying to reference it to a text box on the sheet.
However, the following code does not work:
Private Sub UserForm_Activate()
TextBox1.Text = ActiveSheet.Shapes("Text Box 62").Text
End Sub

It gives me a run time error 438 (object does not support
thisproperty or method).

Any idea. Thanks

Tom Ogilvy

text box reference

Private Sub UserForm_Activate()
TextBox1.Text = ActiveSheet.TextBoxes("Text Box 62").Text
End Sub

Text Box 62 would be consistent with a Textbox from the Drawing toolbar

demo the objects from the immediate window:
? activeSheet.Textboxes("Text Box 62").Text
This is my text

Tom Ogilvy

"Caroline vincent" wrote in message
Hello,

Instead of referencing my form text box to a cell on the
active sheet(see code below which works):
Private Sub UserForm_Activate()
TextBox1.Text = ActiveSheet.Range("ag11").Value
End Sub

I am trying to reference it to a text box on the sheet.
However, the following code does not work:
Private Sub UserForm_Activate()
TextBox1.Text = ActiveSheet.Shapes("Text Box 62").Text
End Sub

It gives me a run time error 438 (object does not support
thisproperty or method).

Any idea. Thanks

joe

text box reference

try this:
ActiveSheet.Shapes("Text Box 62").Select
TextBox1.Text = Selection.Text
Instead of referencing my form text box to a cell on the
active sheet(see code below which works):
Private Sub UserForm_Activate()
TextBox1.Text = ActiveSheet.Range("ag11").Value
End Sub

I am trying to reference it to a text box on the sheet.
However, the following code does not work:
Private Sub UserForm_Activate()
TextBox1.Text = ActiveSheet.Shapes("Text Box 62").Text
End Sub

It gives me a run time error 438 (object does not support
thisproperty or method).

Any idea. Thanks
.

Caroline vincent