-   -   How do I Remove Virus Scanner (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/306566-how-do-i-remove-virus-scanner.html)

nowhereman[_2_]

How do I Remove Virus Scanner

Anyone know how to disable virus scanner in excel (part of office 2003)

I open a lot of large files which i know do not need scanned and it
takes forever to open each file because of virus scanner

TIA

NM

Chip Pearson

How do I Remove Virus Scanner

Office 2003 does not have a virus scanner. Presumably, it is your
Norton of McAfee or whatever that is scanning Office files when
you open them. In Norton, you can disable this by opening
Norton, choosing Options, then Miscellaneous, and unchecking the
"Enable Office Plug In" setting.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"nowhereman" wrote in message
. 150...
Anyone know how to disable virus scanner in excel (part of

office 2003)

I open a lot of large files which i know do not need scanned

and it
takes forever to open each file because of virus scanner

TIA

NM

CLS

How do I Remove Virus Scanner

I am using Norton AntiVirus. There is a checkbox in the options of NAV
which says something like enable office plugin.

Uncheck it.
If you are using some other virus scanner, I cannot help you

"nowhereman" wrote in message
. 150...
Anyone know how to disable virus scanner in excel (part of office 2003)

I open a lot of large files which i know do not need scanned and it
takes forever to open each file because of virus scanner

TIA

NM

nowhereman[_3_]

How do I Remove Virus Scanner

"Chip Pearson" wrote in news:ONMgAcyfEHA.2592
@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl:

Office 2003 does not have a virus scanner. Presumably, it is your
Norton of McAfee or whatever that is scanning Office files when
you open them. In Norton, you can disable this by opening
Norton, choosing Options, then Miscellaneous, and unchecking the
"Enable Office Plug In" setting.

Thank You,

DUH!!!....Never thought of checking "Virus Scanning Software" That was much
to simple....worked great

Thanks again