Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Disable Combo Box On_Change Macro

I have a procedure that works out of an .XLA file that makes various
changes to another workbook. In the workbook, there is a combo box
(from the Control Toolbox, not the Forms) that has an "on_change"
macro associated with it.

My dilemma arises from the fact that the XLA file is modifying the
named range that is assigned to the combo box in the ListFillRange
(it's source of data for the drop down list). When this happens,
control passes over the Private Sub ComboBox1_Change() and this
procedure then takes over temporarily. These two procedures conflict
with one another and my main procedure does not run correctly.

What I am trying to do is to simply disable the on change macro from
the combo box. When the XLA file opens the workbook containing the
combo box, I am trying to find a way to disable any macros in this
workbook. I tried to use Application.EnableEvents = False, but this
didn't change anything. The combo box on change macro still ran and
screwed everything up.

Can anybody help?

TIA
Randy Eastland