-   -   Dollars in a text box (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/306163-dollars-text-box.html)

jeff

Dollars in a text box

I have a text box, and I want the user to enter a dollar
value. How do I force the entry to a currency, and how do
I display it as $123.45 ??

Thanks in advance...

saziz[_13_]

Dollars in a text box

Hi,
Try formating the column for $ and Choose 2 decimals.
Sazi

jeff

Dollars in a text box

But this is a text box in a VBA form - not a cell on the
worksheet. Formatting the column doesn't work on a form
(unless I'm missing something in your reply...)

Thanks - Jeff

Try formating the column for $ and Choose 2 decimals.
Saziz

---

.

Tom Ogilvy

Dollars in a text box

Private Sub TextBox1_Exit(ByVal Cancel As MSForms.ReturnBoolean)
if isnumeric(Textbox1.Value) then
Textbox1.Value = Format(Textbox1.Value,"$ #,##0.00")
End if

Tom Ogilvy