-   -   Multi-conditional user defined function (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/306136-multi-conditional-user-defined-function.html)

keysol100

Multi-conditional user defined function

Hi,

How would I go about writing a User Defined Function that would allow
me to calculate night shift premiums for the following?

I have a list made up of 3 groups of employees:
GroupA, GroupB and GroupC.

Employees in GroupA and GroupB work a variety of shifts:
Days 6 hours,
Days 8 hours,
Days 12 hours,
Evenings 8 hours,
Nights 8 hours,
Nights 12 hours

Group C always works Days 8 hours.
Night shift premiums are paid only to groupA and GroupB as follows:

GroupA – Days 12 hours .90 cents for the shift
Nights 12 hours - $6.45 for the shift

GroupB- Nights 12 hours – $6.49 for the shift
Nights 8 hours - $4.28 for the shift

GroupC – no premiums are paid

Any help much appreciated

Gerr