-   -   Concantenate and align info?? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/306023-concantenate-align-info.html)

depuyus[_5_]

Concantenate and align info??

I am trying to concantenate information from three columns into one s
that the info contained in the three columns can be viewed on a use
form. The form works great but because the cells hold information o
different lengths it displays the information all unaligned as below:

h1&" "h2&" "h3

$14 blah blah etcetc
$142 blah blah etcetc
$1433 blahblah etcetc

Is it possible to establish the string lenth for each h instead o
trying to make it space so that the information would align?

I thank you in advance for any suggestions

JE McGimpsey

Concantenate and align info??

One way:

Dim h As String
h = Left(h1 & Space(20), 20) & Left(h2 & Space(20), 20) & h3

In article ,
depuyus wrote:

I am trying to concantenate information from three columns into one so
that the info contained in the three columns can be viewed on a user
form. The form works great but because the cells hold information of
different lengths it displays the information all unaligned as below:

h1&" "h2&" "h3

$14 blah blah etcetc
$142 blah blah etcetc
$1433 blahblah etcetc

Is it possible to establish the string lenth for each h instead of
trying to make it space so that the information would align?

I thank you in advance for any suggestions.

---

NickHK

Concantenate and align info??

depuyus,
What about using a multi column list box instead ?

NickHK

"depuyus " wrote in message
I am trying to concantenate information from three columns into one so
that the info contained in the three columns can be viewed on a user
form. The form works great but because the cells hold information of
different lengths it displays the information all unaligned as below:

h1&" "h2&" "h3

$14 blah blah etcetc
$142 blah blah etcetc
$1433 blahblah etcetc

Is it possible to establish the string lenth for each h instead of
trying to make it space so that the information would align?

I thank you in advance for any suggestions.

---

depuyus[_6_]

Concantenate and align info??

Thank you so much! I really appreciate the help. I love the code.
didnt realize that I could use a multi column list box. I define
multiple columns in the range and it only showed the first column so
assumed you couldnt. I will check into that. Thank you both