-   -   GetopenFilename & Files with special characteristics (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/305948-getopenfilename-files-special-characteristics.html)

Daniel Debes

GetopenFilename & Files with special characteristics

Hi VBA-Professionals,

my Question: Is it possible to get only special files in the
getopenfilename dialog. I mean: I want excel files which have the
string "*test*.xls" in the filename. I know how to use the filter that
I get only excel files but I want to extend the filter.

Thanks for help which i hopefully get
Daniel

Frank Kabel

GetopenFilename & Files with special characteristics

Hi
AFAIK this is not possible

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Daniel Debes wrote:
Hi VBA-Professionals,

my Question: Is it possible to get only special files in the
getopenfilename dialog. I mean: I want excel files which have the
string "*test*.xls" in the filename. I know how to use the filter

that
I get only excel files but I want to extend the filter.

Thanks for help which i hopefully get
Daniel

Ron de Bruin

GetopenFilename & Files with special characteristics

Hi Daniel

Not with code but
You can enter this in the Filename box *test* and press Enter

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"Frank Kabel" wrote in message ...
Hi
AFAIK this is not possible

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Daniel Debes wrote:
Hi VBA-Professionals,

my Question: Is it possible to get only special files in the
getopenfilename dialog. I mean: I want excel files which have the
string "*test*.xls" in the filename. I know how to use the filter

that
I get only excel files but I want to extend the filter.

Thanks for help which i hopefully get
Daniel

Ivan F Moala[_3_]

GetopenFilename & Files with special characteristics

Hi Daniel

Have a look here on how to do this via code

http://www.xcelfiles.com/comdlg.html

(Daniel Debes) wrote in message . com...
Hi VBA-Professionals,

my Question: Is it possible to get only special files in the
getopenfilename dialog. I mean: I want excel files which have the
string "*test*.xls" in the filename. I know how to use the filter that
I get only excel files but I want to extend the filter.

Thanks for help which i hopefully get
Daniel

Daniel Debes

GetopenFilename & Files with special characteristics

Hi Ivan,

Thanks for your help. It works fine.

Greetings from Germany
Daniel