-   -   Error in loading DLL (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/305792-error-loading-dll.html)

Minilek

Error in loading DLL

I've searched through google and these forums but haven't managed to find an answer anywhere. I have a macro made using Excel 2000 (and works fine). When I try to use the macro on another computer which uses Excel 2003, I get an error saying "Error in loading DLL". The message is very unhelpful since it doesn't specify which dll(s) are missing. Has anyone had a similar problem, and if so, did you manage to fix it? Thank you.

Minilek

Error in loading DLL

Hmm, it turns out when I moved the file, the references that were set on it were for some reason automatically deleted(?). I manually reset the references again and now that macro works.. but now a second macro is saying "Run-time error '1004' Unable to get the DrawingObjects property of the DialogSheet class"

*sigh*...
is it just me or is Excel not the nicest thing to program macros in. : )

"Minilek" wrote:

I've searched through google and these forums but haven't managed to find an answer anywhere. I have a macro made using Excel 2000 (and works fine). When I try to use the macro on another computer which uses Excel 2003, I get an error saying "Error in loading DLL". The message is very unhelpful since it doesn't specify which dll(s) are missing. Has anyone had a similar problem, and if so, did you manage to fix it? Thank you.

Minilek

Error in loading DLL

the second problem has been fixed now too...
all that's left is to figure out why the references all delete
themselves when i put the file on a different computer (?)

has this ever happened to anyone ?

"Minilek" wrote:

I've searched through google and these forums but haven't managed to find an answer anywhere. I have a macro made using Excel 2000 (and works fine). When I try to use the macro on another computer which uses Excel 2003, I get an error saying "Error in loading DLL". The message is very unhelpful since it doesn't specify which dll(s) are missing. Has anyone had a similar problem, and if so, did you manage to fix it? Thank you.

Andy

Error in loading DLL

What files are you putting on a new computer?
If you are referencing an external VB created DLL you will need to register this dll first on each new machine.

Hope it helps.