-   -   Remove reference names (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/305694-remove-reference-names.html)

latha

Remove reference names

Can anyonetell me how to remove all the reference names (external_data_1) in the sheet except my own created name references.
--
Soly

Myrna Larson

Remove reference names

Assuming you want the formulas to point to cells in the current workbook, go
to Edit/Links, select the links you want and change the source to point to the
workbook containing the formulas (i.e. to itself).

On Sun, 1 Aug 2004 21:43:01 -0700, "latha"
wrote:

Can anyonetell me how to remove all the reference names (external_data_1) in

the sheet except my own created name references.

Frank Kabel

Remove reference names

Hi
try the following add-in to find/delete links:
http://www.bmsltd.ie/DLCount/DLCount...e=FindLink.zip

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

latha wrote:
Can anyonetell me how to remove all the reference names
(external_data_1) in the sheet except my own created name references.

Tom Ogilvy

Remove reference names

You can loop through the names collection and delete the offending names.
Not knowing anything about your created names, I can't tell you how to
differentiate which to keep and which to delete. As a worst case, you would
need a list of one or the other and check against that list.

Tom Ogilvy

"latha" wrote in message
Can anyonetell me how to remove all the reference names (external_data_1)

in the sheet except my own created name references.
--
Soly

Dave Peterson[_3_]

Remove reference names

If this is a manual effort (one time thing)...

Download Jan Karel Pieterse's (with Charles Williams and Matthew Henson) Name
Manager.

You can find it at:
NameManager.Zip from http://www.bmsltd.ie/mvp