-   -   Using same VBA program in diff. Excel versions. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/305676-using-same-vba-program-diff-excel-versions.html)

John[_93_]

Using same VBA program in diff. Excel versions.

I use FIND method to locate record in a data table, it
works well in Excel 2003, but doesn't work in Excel 2000.
I don't know the reason, as it's the same file just in
different Excel version. and in that case, I can't
distribute my VBA projects to my colleagues who use Excel
2000.

Bob Flanagan

Using same VBA program in diff. Excel versions.

Most likely there are new settings for Find with Excel 2003. It is best to
do all development in the lowest version of Excel someone might have. The
following is a macro recording of Find in Excel 97:

Selection.Find(What:="a", After:=ActiveCell, LookIn:=xlFormulas, LookAt
_
:=xlPart, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlNext,
MatchCase:= _
False).Activate

Check your statement against this, and eliminate parts that don't match up.

Robert Flanagan
Macro Systems
Delaware, U.S. 302-234-9857
http://www.add-ins.com