-   -   Use a RefEdit to select a single cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/305609-use-refedit-select-single-cell.html)

JON JON

Use a RefEdit to select a single cell

Hello NG,

I wanted to use RefEdit in a userform to allow user to select just a single
cell (not a range). Is this possible? How? Please help

TIA

Jon-jon

Frank Kabel

Use a RefEdit to select a single cell

Hi
AFAIK you can't restrict the selection BUT you can test the returned
result afterwards if it is only a 1*1 range

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

JON JON wrote:
Hello NG,

I wanted to use RefEdit in a userform to allow user to select just a
single cell (not a range). Is this possible? How? Please help

TIA

Jon-jon

Dave Peterson[_3_]

Use a RefEdit to select a single cell

Or just use the top left cell of the first area in the range.

Option Explicit
Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()

Dim myCell As Range

Set myCell = Nothing
On Error Resume Next
Set myCell = Range(Me.RefEdit1.Value).Areas(1).Cells(1)
On Error GoTo 0

If myCell Is Nothing Then
MsgBox "please select a range"
Else
MsgBox myCell.Address

JON JON wrote:

Hello NG,

I wanted to use RefEdit in a userform to allow user to select just a single
cell (not a range). Is this possible? How? Please help

TIA

Jon-jon

--

Dave Peterson