-   -   Dynamic Range (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/305594-dynamic-range.html)

Patty2005

Dynamic Range

I have a sheet called result and It has Products and Machines field
Machines.I am trying to count the number of columns the machines
have.Everytime I insert column my range changes.I have to insert column
if the depending on some validation.Default is two columns.That works
fine.When I insert another column it should give the count as 3 not 2.
I don't know if I should use Dynamic range or not.If I have to please
help me with the code.

See attached document and the code comments,Thanks!!!!

Attachment filename: help.xls
Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=633910
---

Norman Jones

Dynamic Range

Hi Patty,

Debra Dalgleish has a good intodutory tutorial on dynamic ranges at:

http://www.contextures.com/xlNames01.html#Dynamic

---
Regards,
Norman

"Patty2005 " wrote in message
I have a sheet called result and It has Products and Machines field
Machines.I am trying to count the number of columns the machines
have.Everytime I insert column my range changes.I have to insert column
if the depending on some validation.Default is two columns.That works
fine.When I insert another column it should give the count as 3 not 2.
I don't know if I should use Dynamic range or not.If I have to please
help me with the code.

See attached document and the code comments,Thanks!!!!

Attachment filename: help.xls
Download attachment:

http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=633910
---

No Name

Dynamic Range

Hi,

Sub TEST()

cnt = ActiveSheet.Range("D1").MergeArea.Columns.Count
MsgBox "Number of columns are " & cnt

End Sub

(In your file, D1 is the first cell of columns the Machines have.)

Soo Cheon Jheong
_ _
^вп^