-   -   Tim (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/305454-tim.html)

Spurious error

Tim

Hi
I have a sheet that I use to generate costs. I wrote a
bit of VBA to mail merge the info into a word document.
This worked fine, then I did not use the sheet for a
while.
When I came to use it again, on pressing the button to
invoke the mail merge, I got the following error:
Runtime Error 5273 Application-Defined or Object-Defined
error

Dont understnad how this has come about as I've not
changed anything!
Any reason why?!?!?
TIA
Tim

Bob Phillips[_7_]

Tim

I think you are a con fused man Mr Spurious Error.

Show the code and give us a chance.

--
HTH

-------

Bob Phillips
"Spurious error" wrote in message
Hi
I have a sheet that I use to generate costs. I wrote a
bit of VBA to mail merge the info into a word document.
This worked fine, then I did not use the sheet for a
while.
When I came to use it again, on pressing the button to
invoke the mail merge, I got the following error:
Runtime Error 5273 Application-Defined or Object-Defined
error

Dont understnad how this has come about as I've not
changed anything!
Any reason why?!?!?
TIA
Tim

tim

Spurios Error

Yeah, ok, point taken!
Here it is, but it worked at one point:
Sub PopulateProposal()
'On Error GoTo errorHandler
Dim wdApp As Word.Application
Dim myDoc As Word.Document
Dim myRange As Word.Range

'open Word
Set wdApp = New Word.Application
With wdApp
.Visible = True
.WindowState = wdWindowStateMaximize
End With

'open Template
Worksheets("Deployment Input").Activate 'activate the
sheet with path details
Curfile = Range("H18") 'the path details of the
template
Set myDoc = wdApp.Documents.Open(Curfile)
Set myRange = myDoc.Words(1)

'mail merge
Curfile = ActiveWorkbook.Path + "\" + ActiveWorkbook.Name
With ActiveDocument.MailMerge
'load data range from spreadsheet
.MainDocumentType = wdCatalog
.OpenDataSource Name:=Curfile _
, ConfirmConversions:=False, ReadOnly:=False,
LinkToSource:=True, _
AddToRecentFiles:=False, _
Format:=wdOpenFormatAuto, Connection:= _
"DSN=Excel Files;DBQ=" + Curfile
+ ";DriverId=22;MaxBufferSize=512;PageTimeout=5; " _
, SQLStatement:="SELECT * FROM
`MailMergeField`"
'do actual mail merge
'.Destination = wdSendToNewDocument