-   -   Using a field to let user +/- from values. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/305440-using-field-let-user-values.html)

GaleForce[_5_]

Using a field to let user +/- from values.

Alright, I tried posting this once, and I was completely lost. Let m
try to rexplain it. What I need, is on the spreadsheet, a field on th
bottom or anywhere really that a user could enter +.500 or -.275 o
really whatever they want. At that point, I would like excel to tak
that value and add it (or subtract it) to the values in the table.

Here is the sheet that I would like to be able to do this on. Whereve
it says 1.500 is obviously where excel would need to increase o
decrease the value. Obviously headings and real values have bee
omitted. Would appreciate any help you guys can give me. Thanks :

Attachment filename: dummy.xls
Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=63226

merjet

Using a field to let user +/- from values.

Excel offers this ability already. Put the amount you want to
add or subtract in a separate cell. Copy it. Select the range
of cells you want to increase or decrease. Then use the
menu Edit | Paste Special | Add (or Subtract).

HTH,
Merjet