-   -   Number display in formula bar (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/305423-number-display-formula-bar.html)

Otto Moehrbach[_6_]

Number display in formula bar

Excel 2002, WinXP
In VBA I calculate a number as .32123. The code rounds that number to 3
places and puts the number in a cell that is formatted to Percentage.
The cell displays 32.0%.
But the formula bar displays 32%.
Question: Is there any way to get the formula bar to display the same as
the cell, 32.0% ?

Thanks for your help. Otto

Otto Moehrbach[_6_]

Number display in formula bar

Oops. The original number should be .320123. Otto
"Otto Moehrbach" wrote in message
Excel 2002, WinXP
In VBA I calculate a number as .32123. The code rounds that number to 3
places and puts the number in a cell that is formatted to Percentage.
The cell displays 32.0%.
But the formula bar displays 32%.
Question: Is there any way to get the formula bar to display the same as
the cell, 32.0% ?

Thanks for your help. Otto

Jim Rech

Number display in formula bar

You cannot format the formula bar. It displays what is really in the cell.
What you see in a cell itself can be formatted so is not necessarily the
same.

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP
"Otto Moehrbach" wrote in message
| Oops. The original number should be .320123. Otto
| "Otto Moehrbach" wrote in message
| Excel 2002, WinXP
| In VBA I calculate a number as .32123. The code rounds that number to 3
| places and puts the number in a cell that is formatted to Percentage.
| The cell displays 32.0%.
| But the formula bar displays 32%.
| Question: Is there any way to get the formula bar to display the same
as
| the cell, 32.0% ?
|
| Thanks for your help. Otto

Otto Moehrbach[_6_]

Number display in formula bar

Thanks Jim. That's what I thought it would be. Otto