-   -   help with displaying information (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/305392-help-displaying-information.html)

woknick[_5_]

help with displaying information

Here is my problem: I have a column that is 33 cells deep that ha
scattered numbers in that column. For example

1

5

9
12
13

15

17

where the spaces are blank cells. I want to grab those numbers an
place them is an output that looks like
1,5,9,12,13,15,17

So I just want to pull those numbers from those cells and display the
together.

thanks in advanc

Myrna Larson

help with displaying information

Not sure what you want to do with the data, but I've put it in the next column
to the right, starting at row 2.

Sub Test()
Dim NonBlanks() As Variant
N = 0
C = 1
ReDim NonBlanks(1 To 33, 1 To 1)
For R = 1 To 33
X = Cells(R, C).Value
If X < "" Then
N = N + 1
NonBlanks(N, 1) = X
End If
Next R
Cells(2, C + 1).Resize(N, 1).Value = NonBlanks()
End Sub

On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 21:51:47 -0500, woknick
wrote:

Here is my problem: I have a column that is 33 cells deep that has
scattered numbers in that column. For example

1

5

9
12
13

15

17

where the spaces are blank cells. I want to grab those numbers and
place them is an output that looks like
1,5,9,12,13,15,17

So I just want to pull those numbers from those cells and display them
together.

thanks in advance

---

William[_2_]

help with displaying information

Hi woknick

Sub test()
'Assuming all cells are constants
Range("A1:A33").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants, 23).Copy Range("B1")
'If you then want to delete Column A...
Columns("A:A").Delete Shift:=xlToLeft

XL2002
Regards

William

"woknick " wrote in message
| Here is my problem: I have a column that is 33 cells deep that has
| scattered numbers in that column. For example
|
| 1
|
| 5
|
| 9
| 12
| 13
|
| 15
|

| 17
|
| where the spaces are blank cells. I want to grab those numbers and
| place them is an output that looks like
| 1,5,9,12,13,15,17
|
| So I just want to pull those numbers from those cells and display them
| together.
|
| thanks in advance
|

| ---
| Message posted from
http://www.ExcelForum.com/

William[_2_]

help with displaying information

As an alternative...

Sub test()
Columns("A:A").Copy Range("B1")
Columns("B:B").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeBlanks).Dele te Shift:=xlUp

XL2002
Regards

William

"William" wrote in message
| Hi woknick
|
| Sub test()
| 'Assuming all cells are constants
| Range("A1:A33").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants, 23).Copy Range("B1")
| 'If you then want to delete Column A...
| Columns("A:A").Delete Shift:=xlToLeft
| End Sub
|
| --
| XL2002
| Regards
|
| William
|

| "woknick " wrote in message
| | Here is my problem: I have a column that is 33 cells deep that has
| | scattered numbers in that column. For example
| |
| | 1
| |
| | 5
| |
| | 9
| | 12
| | 13
| |
| | 15
| |
| |
| | 17
| |
| | where the spaces are blank cells. I want to grab those numbers and
| | place them is an output that looks like
| | 1,5,9,12,13,15,17
| |
| | So I just want to pull those numbers from those cells and display them
| | together.
| |
| | thanks in advance
| |