-   -   Userform - Label Caption - How to update from a variable (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/305269-userform-label-caption-how-update-variable.html)

Alan

Userform - Label Caption - How to update from a variable

Hi All,

I am using a small userform (modeless) to inform the user what is
happening during processing waits.

This is the only code in the userform, which contains just a single
label control:

Private Sub UserForm_Initialize()

lblPleaseWait.Caption = "Alan"

DoEvents

Me.Repaint

End Sub

If I run that form on it's own, it works fine - displaying the label
as "Alan".

However, if I call the userform from a sub elsewhere using this line,
the label does not display the caption, it just shows a white
background with no text:

frmPleaseWait.show (vbModeless)

I added the DoEvents and Me.Repaint after looking through this group's
archives, but they make no difference to the problem.

Any ideas why it won't show the caption when called from a sub?

Thanks,

Alan.

Alan

"Alan" wrote in message

[...]

{Bump}

Alan

Userform - Label Caption - How to update from a variable

"Alan" wrote in message

{Bump}

Alan

Userform - Label Caption - How to update from a variable

"Robin Hammond" wrote in
message ...

Not really, but you might want to save yourself some time and effort
figuring it out by using this instead:

http://www.enhanceddatasystems.com/E...rogressBar.htm

Hi Robin,

Thanks for your suggestion.

I actually already found a workaround, but I was really more
interested in understanding why my code does not work under one
circumstance where it does under another.

Do you find the same thing?

Thanks,

Alan.