-   -   Counting records in a filtered list (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/305243-counting-records-filtered-list.html)

plato

Counting records in a filtered list

How can I count the number of records in a filtered list. The list gives me
the record number on the left so how can I count (other than manually) the
number of records that exist in that list?

Frank Kabel

Counting records in a filtered list

Hi
=SUBTOTAL(3,A1:A100)

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

plato wrote:
How can I count the number of records in a filtered list. The list
gives me the record number on the left so how can I count (other than
manually) the number of records that exist in that list?

Debra Dalgleish

Counting records in a filtered list

To programmatically count the rows, you can use the code shown he

http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter03.html#Count

'====================
Sub CountVisRows()
'by Tom Ogilvy
Dim rng As Range
Set rng = ActiveSheet.AutoFilter.Range

MsgBox rng.Columns(1). _
SpecialCells(xlVisible).Count - 1 _
& " of " & rng _
.Rows.Count - 1 & " Records"

End Sub
'===============================

plato wrote:
Thanks Frank,

Not sure how to use this. Do I put this formula in the cell below the last
record (if there are say 1000 records)?

thanks

Paul

"Frank Kabel" wrote in message

Hi
=SUBTOTAL(3,A1:A100)

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

plato wrote:

How can I count the number of records in a filtered list. The list
gives me the record number on the left so how can I count (other than
manually) the number of records that exist in that list?

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html