-   -   Calling a private sub (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/305193-re-calling-private-sub.html)

Bob Phillips[_7_]

Calling a private sub

Make it public, but give it a do-nothing argument, it can't get c alled
from Excel then.

--
HTH

-------

Bob Phillips
"Al" wrote in message
Hi All.
Im not sure that this is possible.
I have some code in the ThisWorkbook module. I want this code to call a

procedure in a standard module, however the procedure is private ( i.e
private sub blah() )
I'm currently trying to do one, but i get a "Member or data method not

found" error.

I would like to keep the private sub private, as it will mess-up the

workbook beyond repair if called seperately.

Does anyone know how to get this to work?

Cheers.
Al

al

Calling a private sub

Hi Bob,
Thanks for below. However i'm unsure on how to do that.
I've tried sub Blah(Do-Nothing) and sub Blah(DoNothing) but they don't work.
Searching, i can't find anything. Can you give anymore info.

Cheers.

"Al" wrote in message
Hi All.
Im not sure that this is possible.
I have some code in the ThisWorkbook module. I want this code to call a

procedure in a standard module, however the procedure is private ( i.e
private sub blah() )
I'm currently trying to do one, but i get a "Member or data method not

found" error.

I would like to keep the private sub private, as it will mess-up the

workbook beyond repair if called seperately.

Does anyone know how to get this to work?

Cheers.
Al

Bob Phillips[_7_]

Calling a private sub

Al,

You Need to add the argument to the macro

Public Sub Blah(dummy)

and just ignore the dummy argument.

--
HTH

-------

Bob Phillips

"Al" wrote in message
Hi All.
Im not sure that this is possible.
I have some code in the ThisWorkbook module. I want this code to call

procedure in a standard module, however the procedure is private ( i.e
private sub blah() )
I'm currently trying to do one, but i get a "Member or data method not

found" error.

I would like to keep the private sub private, as it will mess-up the

workbook beyond repair if called seperately.

Does anyone know how to get this to work?

Cheers.
Al

al

Calling a private sub

Thanks Bob,
I understand now. Thanks again for your help.
Cheers.
Al