-   -   Converting Time in a userform (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/305105-converting-time-userform.html)

tiptop[_8_]

Converting Time in a userform

Quick Question, I have a userform, that in Textbox1 someone will ente
a time and I need it to return the time in Military time in TextBox2.
How can I set this up?

Ex.
When someone enters in Textbox1.text = 10:04 pm, I need it to conver
Textbox2.text = 22:04.

Any ideas

JulieD

Converting Time in a userform

hi tiptop

i've just done this recently in i actually used three fields - one for hour
one for min & one for am/pm
(i actually put spin buttons & set min & max on the hour & min box too)
*******
If cboAM = "PM" Then
If txthrs = 12 Then
Else
txthrs = txthrs + 12
End If
Else
If txthrs = 12 Then
txthrs = 24

ftime = Format(txthrs, "00") & ":" & Format(txtmins, "00")
Range("A1").Value = ftime

*********

Cheers
JulieD

"tiptop " wrote in message
Quick Question, I have a userform, that in Textbox1 someone will enter
a time and I need it to return the time in Military time in TextBox2.
How can I set this up?

Ex.
When someone enters in Textbox1.text = 10:04 pm, I need it to convert
Textbox2.text = 22:04.

Any ideas?

---

keepITcool

Converting Time in a userform

TipTop

try:

Private Sub TextBox1_BeforeUpdate(ByVal Cancel As MSForms.ReturnBoolean)
With Me.TextBox1
If Not IsDate(.Text) Then
Cancel = True
Beep
.SelStart = 0
.SelLength = Len(.Text)
Else
TextBox2.Text = Format(CDate(.Text), "HH:MM")
End If
End With

keepITcool

tiptop wrote :

Quick Question, I have a userform, that in Textbox1 someone will
enter a time and I need it to return the time in Military time in