-   -   Find column name/number of a value in a row (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/305093-find-column-name-number-value-row.html)

Sinobato[_6_]

Find column name/number of a value in a row

Hi all,

I would like to find a certain value in a row, like row 7, and put th
column name or number on a variable. What is the script for doin
this?

thanks!
Sinobat

Tom Ogilvy

Find column name/number of a value in a row

vRowNum = 7

Tom Ogilvy

"Sinobato " wrote in message
Hi all,

I would like to find a certain value in a row, like row 7, and put the
column name or number on a variable. What is the script for doing
this?

thanks!
Sinobato

---

Sinobato[_7_]

Find column name/number of a value in a row

Tom,

I'm sorry if I was not clear. What I wanted to do is, let's say, I hav
several data on several columns but on a single row only, ie. A7, B7
C7, D7, E7, etc. Now, I would like to find a data along this row an
once found, get the column name/number so that I can use it later on m
script. Do I have to iterate through all the column, or can I do i
using the FIND command?

Thanks,
Sinobat

Sinobato[_8_]

Find column name/number of a value in a row

All,

Thanks for your replies! This forum is such a hit with people lik
you!

Kind regards,
Sinobat