-   -   Mail (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/305084-mail.html)

Don Lloyd

Mail

Hi,

With a great deal of help from Ron de Bruin's and dicks-clicks's websites I
am reasonably happy with sending an Excel sheet as an attachment.

The problem is that, whilst it is desirable to create e-mails 'on-the-fly',
I don't want to send them until they have been 'vetted'. Placing them in
Outlook's Drafts Folder would appear to be an ideal solution.
Unfortunately, I don't know how to do this, or even if it can be done.

If any of you could help in any way I would be more than grateful.

Regards,

Don

keepITcool

Mail

Don..
banged the wrong key and posted my reply to another thread :)

Sub QnD_outlook_draft()
'get outlook
With CreateObject("Outlook.application")
'set drafts folder
.Session.GetDefaultFolder (olFolderDrafts)
'create message
With .CreateItem(olMailItem)
.Subject = "Where's this gone"
'save it in the current folder
.Save
End With
End With

keepITcool

Don Lloyd wrote :

Hi,

With a great deal of help from Ron de Bruin's and dicks-clicks's
websites I am reasonably happy with sending an Excel sheet as an
attachment.

The problem is that, whilst it is desirable to create e-mails
'on-the-fly', I don't want to send them until they have been
'vetted'. Placing them in Outlook's Drafts Folder would appear to be
an ideal solution. Unfortunately, I don't know how to do this, or
even if it can be done.

If any of you could help in any way I would be more than grateful.

Regards,

Don

Norman Jones

Mail

Hi Don,

And what time do ou think it is in Amsterdam <g

---
Regards,
Norman

"Don Lloyd" wrote in message
Hi keepITcool,

Looks good !
I'll go through it in detail tomorrow - it's 3.10 am here in the UK

Regards and Thanks,

Don

Don Lloyd wrote :

Hi,

With a great deal of help from Ron de Bruin's and dicks-clicks's
websites I am reasonably happy with sending an Excel sheet as an
attachment.

The problem is that, whilst it is desirable to create e-mails
'on-the-fly', I don't want to send them until they have been
'vetted'. Placing them in Outlook's Drafts Folder would appear to be
an ideal solution. Unfortunately, I don't know how to do this, or
even if it can be done.

If any of you could help in any way I would be more than grateful.

Regards,

Don

Don Lloyd

Mail

It's different for you Norman. You're on the flat while here in North Wales
we are hills and mountains :)

Don

"Norman Jones" wrote in message
Hi Don,

And what time do ou think it is in Amsterdam <g

---
Regards,
Norman

Norman Jones

Mail

Hi Don,

My comment was actually a reference your respondent's signature - not that I
would mind being there!

---
Regards,
Norman