-   -   Date local format (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/304946-date-local-format.html)

marwan hefnawy

Date local format

In the VBA I tried the following:

MyDate = DateSerial(2004, 7, 30)
MsgBox Format(MyDate, "mmmm yyyy")

it gave me the month and the year in my language (as in the regional
options in windows control panel)
I want to force the result to give me "July 2004" regardless the
settings in the windows.
In a worksheet, I can format such a date with "B1mmm yyyy" to give me
what I want.
But in VBA, the "format" function didn't accept the "B1mmm yyyy" to
format MyDate.
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance

Stan Scott

Date local format

Marwan,

This function will do the trick:

Function getDString (myDate)
getDString = Application.GetCustomListContents(4)(Month(myDate) ) & " " &
Year(myDate)
End Function

Stan Scott
New York City