-   -   Updating For Loop statements (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/304885-updating-loop-statements.html)

Stuart

Updating For Loop statements

Hi,

I have a For Loop in a VBA macro, for example:

b = 2
c = 26
For i = 1 To 10
For a = b To c
Print something in Excel using "a" (this bit is not important)
b = b + 25
c = c + 25
Next
Next

So that once the For Loop is complete the limits are updated for the next time inner For Loop is used. However, I find this when the inner For Loop is used for the second time "b" and "c" are reset to the values 2 and 26.

How can I get this to work?

Thanks.

Rob Bovey

Updating For Loop statements

Hi Stuart,

You're updating the variables in the wrong place. Try it like this:

--
Rob Bovey, MCSE, MCSD, Excel MVP
Application Professionals