-   -   Identifying Button Clicked (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/304871-re-identifying-button-clicked.html)

Tom Ogilvy

Identifying Button Clicked

Assume these are buttons from the forms toolbar

Sub Btn_click()
Dim btn as Button
set btn = Activesheet.Buttons(Application.Caller)
rw = btn.topLeftCell.row

End Sub

Application.Caller returns the name (a string) of the button triggering the
macro.

Tom Ogilvy

"Mister T" <Mister wrote in message
I have on a spreadsheet several buttons that trigger the same macro. Let's

say one of the buttons is in row 1, another in row 3, another in row 5, etc.
If the row 1 button is clicked, I want the macro to act on row 1; if the row
3 button is clicked, I want the macro to act on row 3; etc. Therefore, I
need the macro to "know" which one of the buttons called it. Can that be
done, and how? Thanks.