-   -   Conditional Mean (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/304863-conditional-mean.html)

Btibert[_5_]

Conditional Mean

Hi guys,

I am hoping you could provide some assistance once again.

I am not sure if I need VBA for this, but I do know that I need help.

I am trying to average columns that have some cells missin
information. It was my understanding that I could use AverageA fo
this, but when I test to make sure that Excel is ignoring the blanks,
find that it is not.

So, what I am doing in long form is sumif with the criteria for th
range divided by countif for the criteria by the range.

That added twist is that if I have to program some code, I was hopin
that I could simply include in the appropriate cell the range name tha
I want to analyze, and have the macro type in all of the appropriat
information for me, with the range inserted into the formula. (I a
doing all of this on a different sheet that is summarzing th
information in a table. I have named all of the appropriate ranges fo
ease of use)

I am new to programming, but do understand some of the basics. An
help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys,

Broc

Tom Ogilvy

Conditional Mean

Actually you should just use Average, not AverageA. Average should do what
you want (it will ignore cells with text or blank).

Tom Ogilvy

"Btibert " wrote in message
Hi guys,

I am hoping you could provide some assistance once again.

I am not sure if I need VBA for this, but I do know that I need help.

I am trying to average columns that have some cells missing
information. It was my understanding that I could use AverageA for
this, but when I test to make sure that Excel is ignoring the blanks, I
find that it is not.

So, what I am doing in long form is sumif with the criteria for the
range divided by countif for the criteria by the range.

That added twist is that if I have to program some code, I was hoping
that I could simply include in the appropriate cell the range name that
I want to analyze, and have the macro type in all of the appropriate
information for me, with the range inserted into the formula. (I am
doing all of this on a different sheet that is summarzing the
information in a table. I have named all of the appropriate ranges for
ease of use)

I am new to programming, but do understand some of the basics. Any
help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys,

Brock

---