-   -   function 's cell caller (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/304793-function-s-cell-caller.html)

David C.

function 's cell caller

Hello,

I complety forgot how to do this,

in a function (used as a formula in a cell) I need the adress of this cell
how to know the row/col of the cell from wich the function is calculated ?

thank you...
--
David C.

keepITcool

function 's cell caller

David, was it s'th like this?

if TypeName(application.caller)="Range" then
set rngCaller=application.caller
endif

--
keepITcool

David C. wrote :

Hello,

I complety forgot how to do this,

in a function (used as a formula in a cell) I need the adress of
this cell how to know the row/col of the cell from wich the function
is calculated ?

thank you...

David C.

function 's cell caller

if TypeName(application.caller)="Range" then
set rngCaller=application.caller
endif

that's it except that I suppose the Type will always be a Range in my case
(function called only from a formula in a cell )

Thx