-   -   Cell Reading Problem (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/304702-cell-reading-problem.html)

Shashi Bhosale

Cell Reading Problem

I have a value 9.129 in the cell. But when i read the cell it gives me value
9.12899999999.

What could be the problem?

Amedee Van Gasse[_3_]

Cell Reading Problem

Shashi Bhosale wrote:

I have a value 9.129 in the cell. But when i read the cell it gives
me value 9.12899999999.

What could be the problem?

I second MahaRaj's answer, but also read this for further info:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/rounding.htm

--
Amedee Van Gasse

To top-post is human, to bottom-post and snip is sublime.

Dit bericht is geplaatst in een nieuwsgroep. Post je evt antwoord of
vervolgvraag graag in dezelfde thread in de nieuwsgroep a.u.b.

MahaRaj

Cell Reading Problem

the real answer for the cell is 9.12899999999 but it has been rounded down
to 3 decimals.

right click on the cell and goto FORMAT CELL. and select NUMBER TAB. and
choose Number again from the menu and play around.

:)
MahaRaj