-   -   Multiple .dbf File Import Help (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/304570-multiple-dbf-file-import-help.html)

nickg420[_6_]

Multiple .dbf File Import Help

I have a situation where I need to import about 30 different .dbf files
all located in one directory, to a single table in Access.

I know this can be done elegantly with a combobox and and button usin
access forms but I just need a quick and dirty way of doing it withou
all that time. I was looking into the TransferSpreadsheet but one i
only does one at a time and I certainly hope there is a easier way tha
30 seperate TransferSpreadsheets. This is a one time needed thing whic
is why I don't want to spend the time to make it all pretty. An
suggestions on a quick fix will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Arvi Laanemets

Multiple .dbf File Import Help

Hi

One-time thing?
Open your dbf-files with Excel. Create a new excel file. Transfer all data
from dbf-files into a worksheet in created Excel workbook (copy - paste).
When finished, save the Excel workbook and then import it into Access.

--
Arvi Laanemets
(Don't use my reply address - it's spam-trap)

"nickg420 " wrote in message
I have a situation where I need to import about 30 different .dbf files,
all located in one directory, to a single table in Access.

I know this can be done elegantly with a combobox and and button using
access forms but I just need a quick and dirty way of doing it without
all that time. I was looking into the TransferSpreadsheet but one it
only does one at a time and I certainly hope there is a easier way than
30 seperate TransferSpreadsheets. This is a one time needed thing which
is why I don't want to spend the time to make it all pretty. Any
suggestions on a quick fix will be appreciated.

Thanks,
NG

---

Sergey Chehuta

Multiple .dbf File Import Help

I have a situation where I need to import about 30 different .dbf files,
all located in one directory, to a single table in Access.

You can try the utility DBF to MDB (Access):
http://www.whitetown.com/dbf2mdb/