-   -   Sorting the contents of a cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/304566-sorting-contents-cell.html)

Maggie B.

Sorting the contents of a cell

I have a range of cells. Each cell can contain multiple
entries separated by a comma and a space.

Example: cell A2 contains: John, Adam, Charlie

How can I sort the contens of the cell so I get:

A2 = Adam, Charlie, John

Thanks,

Maggie B.

Tom Ogilvy

Sorting the contents of a cell

You can use the split command to convert the content to an array, then sort
the array, use the join command to recreate, then place it back in the cell.

Sub SortCell()
Dim i as Long, j as Long
Dim swap1, swap2
Dim varr