-   -   header of portrait page in left margin (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/304560-header-portrait-page-left-margin.html)

koekiemonster

header of portrait page in left margin

I have a portrait template in Excel and I would like to place
information vertically in the left margin so that when i print and
bind my page in a report it goes relatively unnoticed.
If the page is landscape I can just place it in the header.
Excel does not allow a "header" in another margin than the top in a
straightforward way and i dont see any way to program it either.
Does anyone have an idea?

Helena

Damien McBain

koekiemonster wrote:
I have a portrait template in Excel and I would like to place
information vertically in the left margin so that when i print and
bind my page in a report it goes relatively unnoticed.
If the page is landscape I can just place it in the header.
Excel does not allow a "header" in another margin than the top in a
straightforward way and i dont see any way to program it either.
Does anyone have an idea?

Helena

Maybe you could just use column A for that and reduce the size of the
margin?