-   -   User defined functions - parameter descriptions (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/304501-user-defined-functions-parameter-descriptions.html)

Heidi[_4_]

User defined functions - parameter descriptions

Hello,

I have created an Excel add-in containing a number of user define
functions. I would like descriptions of the parameters to show up i
the function wizard.

Does anyone know a way to do this?

Thanks

Heid

Norman Jones

User defined functions - parameter descriptions

Hi Heidi,

Go to Laurent Longre's site

http://longre.free.fr/english/

and download his FunCusomize.zip

---
Regards,
Norman

"Heidi " wrote in message
Hello,

I have created an Excel add-in containing a number of user defined
functions. I would like descriptions of the parameters to show up in
the function wizard.

Does anyone know a way to do this?

Thanks

Heidi

---

Tom Ogilvy

User defined functions - parameter descriptions

Download the Addin offered by Laurent Longre which can provide this
functionality:

http://longre.free.fr/english/index.html#FunCustomize

Tom Ogilvy

"Heidi " wrote in message
Hello,

I have created an Excel add-in containing a number of user defined
functions. I would like descriptions of the parameters to show up in
the function wizard.

Does anyone know a way to do this?

Thanks

Heidi

---

Frank Kabel

User defined functions - parameter descriptions

Hi maybe the free-addin FUNCUSTOMIZE.DLL is what you're
looking for (http://longre.free.fr/english)

I have created an Excel add-in containing a number of

user defined
functions. I would like descriptions of the parameters to

show up in
the function wizard.

Does anyone know a way to do this?

Thanks

Heidi

---

.

Heidi[_5_]

User defined functions - parameter descriptions

Thanks for the help everyone. I have downloaded this add-in and followe
the instructions. However, it doesn't seem to be working for me......

I am using Excel 2003. One step of the instructions requires th
following code to be inserted into a module of my xla:

Sub Auto_Open()
Application.RegisterXLL ThisWorkbook.Path & "\FunCustomize.dll"
Run [FunCustomize], ThisWorkbook.name, shFunctions.Range("A2:Z5")
End Sub

However I am getting an error 424 (object required) on the second lin
of this code......

Any advice would be appreciated.

Heid

Tom Ogilvy

User defined functions - parameter descriptions

is
shFunctions

a valid reference to a worksheet?

Tom Ogilvy

"Heidi " wrote in message
Thanks for the help everyone. I have downloaded this add-in and followed
the instructions. However, it doesn't seem to be working for me......

I am using Excel 2003. One step of the instructions requires the
following code to be inserted into a module of my xla:

Sub Auto_Open()
Application.RegisterXLL ThisWorkbook.Path & "\FunCustomize.dll"
Run [FunCustomize], ThisWorkbook.name, shFunctions.Range("A2:Z5")
End Sub

However I am getting an error 424 (object required) on the second line
of this code......

Any advice would be appreciated.

Heidi

---

Heidi[_6_]

User defined functions - parameter descriptions

I have a worksheet named shFunctions in my xla file, so I don't believ
that is the problem. The problem seems to be coming from the attempt t
run the dll, as I have made sure there is no problem with th
parameters I am passing to it

Tom Ogilvy

User defined functions - parameter descriptions

unless shFunctions is the code name of your sheet, I would expect it to
raise the error you state.

Tom Ogilvy

"Heidi " wrote in message
I have a worksheet named shFunctions in my xla file, so I don't believe
that is the problem. The problem seems to be coming from the attempt to
run the dll, as I have made sure there is no problem with the