-   -   Problem with references to OCX control (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/304482-problem-references-ocx-control.html)

Senapathy

Problem with references to OCX control

Hello,

I have a data entry sort of XL sheet which takes some user inputs and
generates a txt file based on the input. I am using VB for Excel for this.

In this XL sheet I have added a Masked Edit control (housed in MSMask32.ocx)
to function as an IP control (I didn't get an IP control directly, so I had
to tweak the Mask Edit control to function as an IP control)

Now in my machine (Windows 2000, SP3), I have this OCX control in the
C:\Winnt\System32 directory. Everything works fine

But when I sent this XLS to a colleague, he is gettting a compiler error
when the script in the XLS runs. The culprit I suspect is this
not-so-standard reference. Prior to this, there was no problem.

On another machine with Win XP, the XLS was able to automatically discover
the OCX which is present in C:\Windows\System32 !

How do I pack an OCX along with the XLS so that it automatically finds this
OCX? Is it simply sufficient that I keep it in the current directory as the
XLS? Or is there some better way I can 'integrate' this OCX into the XLS?

Many thanks!

Senapathy