-   -   VB password protection?? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/304466-vbulletin-password-protection.html)

jwflutterby

VB password protection??

I have a macro that unprotects my workbook, unhides sheets and updates data from external files, then rehides the sheets and reprotects the workbook. I would like users not to be able to just edit the macro to get the password. I have seen several posts suggesting that others lock the VBA project from viewing and set a password. Is there anything else that needs to be done after that to actually have the protection take effect? I went in and set a password and locked the project for viewing but then I was still able to edit the macro and see the password that protects the workbook. Am I missing something??

JE McGimpsey

VB password protection??

The code will remain open until the workbook has been closed and
reopened.

Note that there are commercial applications that will remove VBA
passwords.

In article ,
"jwflutterby" wrote:

I have a macro that unprotects my workbook, unhides sheets and updates data
from external files, then rehides the sheets and reprotects the workbook. I
would like users not to be able to just edit the macro to get the password. I
have seen several posts suggesting that others lock the VBA project from
viewing and set a password. Is there anything else that needs to be done
after that to actually have the protection take effect? I went in and set a
password and locked the project for viewing but then I was still able to edit
the macro and see the password that protects the workbook. Am I missing
something??

Dave Peterson[_3_]

VB password protection??

Did you close the workbook (and save it), then reopen?

--

Dave Peterson