-   -   CopyFromRecordset for Oracle ? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/304392-copyfromrecordset-oracle.html)

Rich[_16_]

CopyFromRecordset for Oracle ?

I am using Excel 97.

I wanted to know if there is a command like CopyFromRecordset that
can be used with Oracle?

keepITcool

CopyFromRecordset for Oracle ?

Excel97 has a copyfromrecordset method, BUT it supports only DAO not ADO.
DAO supports JetEngine thru ODBC, but no Oracle.
Read:
http://www.orafaq.com/faqmsvb.htm

Excel2000 and above DO support CopyFromRecordSet on ADO.

However you CAN create an ADO recordset and transfer to the sheet with a
simple loop.
read this:
http://www.erlandsendata.no/english/...=envbadacrs2ws

HTH

keepITcool

(Rich) wrote:

I am using Excel 97.

I wanted to know if there is a command like CopyFromRecordset that
can be used with Oracle?

Jamie Collins

CopyFromRecordset for Oracle ?

keepITcool wrote ...

DAO supports JetEngine thru ODBC, but no Oracle.
Read:
http://www.orafaq.com/faqmsvb.htm

The article says DAO has no advantage over ODBC but in my experience
it's worse than that i.e. Oracle reacts very badly to DAO resulting in
frequent crashes.

Jamie.