-   -   (de)activating a device (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/304380-de-activating-device.html)

David C.

(de)activating a device

I would like to activate or deactivate a peripheral device
without using the windows device manager
but using a program.

I think it's possible to do this from excel (a macro can do this ?),
but... how ?
Is it possible for real ?

--
David C.

Vasant Nanavati

(de)activating a device

I believe it could be done with a bunch of API calls, but it would be a very
complex task IMO.

--

Vasant

"David C." wrote in message
I would like to activate or deactivate a peripheral device
without using the windows device manager
but using a program.

I think it's possible to do this from excel (a macro can do this ?),
but... how ?
Is it possible for real ?

--
David C.

David C.

(de)activating a device

using an API may help,
but looking for an API never used, when you don't even know if it exist is
not very easy.

I mean, not for me.
API or not, I hope someone know how to to it OR know where to look for it.

because I don't

--
David C.