-   -   protecting macro VBA (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/304379-protecting-macro-vba.html)

David C.

protecting macro VBA

Hello,

I would like to protect my VBA macro from being read or changed by users of
my excel workbook.
Of course, I first tryed the project VBA protection (option menu)

But the point is that...
this also stop the shortcut keys (CTRL+....) on macro

I would like to call some macro with CTRL keys, and still protect the code.

How to do this ?
thank you...

--
David C.

Vasant Nanavati

protecting macro VBA

AFAIK protecting the macro by locking the associated project for viewing
should not affect its assigned shortcut key.

--

Vasant

"David C." wrote in message
Hello,

I would like to protect my VBA macro from being read or changed by users

of
my excel workbook.
Of course, I first tryed the project VBA protection (option menu)

But the point is that...
this also stop the shortcut keys (CTRL+....) on macro

I would like to call some macro with CTRL keys, and still protect the

code.

How to do this ?
thank you...

--
David C.

David C.

Well...

AFAIK protecting the macro by locking the associated project for viewing
should not affect its assigned shortcut key.

Well, I'm very confused.

In my memory it was the way you say
Today I tryed again, it work Like you say

But the days before, it did not work (this is why I'm here).

Today it's fine. I can not explain why many times it stop going round...

If this happend to someone else and he knows where this come
from...........

thank you...

Vasant Nanavati

Well...

Please don't start new threads with your responses!!!

--

Vasant

"David C." wrote in message
AFAIK protecting the macro by locking the associated project for viewing
should not affect its assigned shortcut key.

Well, I'm very confused.

In my memory it was the way you say
Today I tryed again, it work Like you say

But the days before, it did not work (this is why I'm here).

Today it's fine. I can not explain why many times it stop going round...

If this happend to someone else and he knows where this come
from...........

thank you...

David C.

Well...

Please don't start new threads with your responses!!!

I only changed the subject, not the thread...
Maybe your reader is not ready for this, but the thread is the same.

Vasant Nanavati

Well...

Sorry about that; you are correct.

The general convention is to change the suject line thus:

Well... (Was: protecting macro VBA)

--

Vasant