-   -   Macro Help... (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/304367-macro-help.html)

sameer27p[_2_]

Macro Help...

I had another question.I have a column named ItemNos..this colum
contains item numbers.Now,after every item number ,i need to inser
three rows containing the text value 'Actual','Forecast' AND 'Variance
in the same column..this shud however go until the range of the ite
nos..since sometimes the report spools 15 rows while at other times i
may spool 15000 rows...

Item Number
Item Number

Tim Coddington

Macro Help...

Here is a stab at it ...
Sub Macro2()
[A1].Select 'This would be the first cell in your ItemNos. column
Do While ActiveCell.Value < ""
Range(ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Address & ":" & ActiveCell.Offset(3,
0).Address).EntireRow.Insert
ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0) = "A"
ActiveCell.Offset(2, 0) = "F"
ActiveCell.Offset(3, 0) = "V"
ActiveCell.Offset(4, 0).Select
Loop
End Sub

Now if you are really getting 15000 rows, what about 16000? If you
go over 16384 rows, that is more rows than allowed on an excel sheet.

-Tim

"sameer27p " wrote in message
I had another question.I have a column named ItemNos..this column
contains item numbers.Now,after every item number ,i need to insert
three rows containing the text value 'Actual','Forecast' AND 'Variance'
in the same column..this shud however go until the range of the item
nos..since sometimes the report spools 15 rows while at other times it
may spool 15000 rows...

Item Number
Item Number

Don Guillett[_4_]

Macro Help...

Try this idea. Put Actual in g11, Forecast in g12, and Variance in g13 of
another sheet and use

Sub insert()
x = Cells(Rows.Count, "a").End(xlUp).Row
For i = x To 1 Step -1
Sheets("sheet1").Range("g11:g13").Copy
Cells(i, "a").Offset(1).insert shift:=xlDown
Next

Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"sameer27p " wrote in message
I had another question.I have a column named ItemNos..this column
contains item numbers.Now,after every item number ,i need to insert
three rows containing the text value 'Actual','Forecast' AND 'Variance'
in the same column..this shud however go until the range of the item
nos..since sometimes the report spools 15 rows while at other times it
may spool 15000 rows...

Item Number
Item Number

Don Guillett[_4_]

Macro Help...

go over 16384 rows, that is more rows than allowed on an excel sheet

65336 rows on later versions. Time to upgrade

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"sameer27p " wrote in message
I had another question.I have a column named ItemNos..this column
contains item numbers.Now,after every item number ,i need to insert
three rows containing the text value 'Actual','Forecast' AND 'Variance'
in the same column..this shud however go until the range of the item
nos..since sometimes the report spools 15 rows while at other times it
may spool 15000 rows...

Item Number
Item Number

Tom Ogilvy

Macro Help...

He meant if you add 3 rows for each existing data row, you will have 4 x
16384 = 65536 rows

Tom Ogilvy