-   -   Macro to Print All Files in a Folder (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/304353-macro-print-all-files-folder.html)

Jim May

Macro to Print All Files in a Folder

Off google I found the following code, which I have since modified to
accomplish my subject objective; <<to no avail can someone assist?

Sub Tester9()
PathOnlysource = "C:\Formulas\Backuptest"
ChDir PathOnlysource
TheFile = Dir(PathOnlysource & "\*.xls")
Do While TheFile < ""
ActiveSheet.PrintOut
TheFile = Dir
Loop
End Sub

Rollin_Again[_16_]

Macro to Print All Files in a Folder

You need to open each of the workbooks in the loop before trying t
print them out.

PATHONLYSOURCE = \"C:\TEST\"
CHDIR PATHONLYSOURCE
THEFILE = DIR(PATHONLYSOURCE & \"\*.XLS\")
DO WHILE THEFILE < \"\"
WORKBOOKS.OPEN FILENAME:=PATHONLYSOURCE & \"\\" & THEFILE
ACTIVESHEET.PRINTOUT
WORKBOOKS(THEFILE).CLOSE
THEFILE = DIR
LOOP

Rolli

Bob Phillips[_6_]

Macro to Print All Files in a Folder

Jim,

What is that you want that you don't get? It may seem obvious, but I tried
this with my directory and it worked fine for me.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Jim May" wrote in message
Off google I found the following code, which I have since modified to
accomplish my subject objective; <<to no avail can someone assist?

Sub Tester9()
PathOnlysource = "C:\Formulas\Backuptest"
ChDir PathOnlysource
TheFile = Dir(PathOnlysource & "\*.xls")
Do While TheFile < ""
ActiveSheet.PrintOut
TheFile = Dir
Loop
End Sub

Tom Ogilvy

Macro to Print All Files in a Folder

did you add code to open the workbook, or just get "n" copies of the sheet
that was active when you ran the code?

Tom Ogilvy

"Jim May" wrote in message
Off google I found the following code, which I have since modified to
accomplish my subject objective; <<to no avail can someone assist?

Sub Tester9()
PathOnlysource = "C:\Formulas\Backuptest"
ChDir PathOnlysource
TheFile = Dir(PathOnlysource & "\*.xls")
Do While TheFile < ""
ActiveSheet.PrintOut
TheFile = Dir
Loop
End Sub

Jim May[_2_]

Macro to Print All Files in a Folder

Tom:
Thanks; No, I failed to "open" the workbooks. I've since
gotten my answer from code written by Ron de Bruin;
Have a good one..

"Jim May" wrote in message
Off google I found the following code, which I have since modified to
accomplish my subject objective; <<to no avail can someone assist?

Sub Tester9()
PathOnlysource = "C:\Formulas\Backuptest"
ChDir PathOnlysource
TheFile = Dir(PathOnlysource & "\*.xls")
Do While TheFile < ""
ActiveSheet.PrintOut
TheFile = Dir
Loop
End Sub

Jim May

Macro to Print All Files in a Folder

Bob: Thanks for looking in on this..
What I was trying to do << and have since accomplished-below was:
using what i call a surrogate workbook to run a macro which opens
each .xls file in a folder and prints each and then closes each. The code
I posted was printing my surrogate activesheet twice since my test folder had two files in it..
I later found this code by Ron de Bruin off google.. [works perfectly]

Sub PrintAllinFolder()
Dim i As Long
Dim WB As Workbook
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
With Application.FileSearch
.NewSearch
.LookIn = "C:\WINDOWS\Desktop\Temp Excel Formulas\Backuptest"
.SearchSubFolders = False
.FileType = msoFileTypeExcelWorkbooks
If .Execute() 0 Then
For i = 1 To .FoundFiles.Count