-   -   Autocomplete in VBA turned off (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/304194-autocomplete-vba-turned-off.html)

Spammastergrand

Autocomplete in VBA turned off

How come I don't have autolist in my Excel XP VBA window.
For example, if I hit CTL-G and type Selection. nothing pops up. The same goes
for procedures.

Bernie Deitrick

Autocomplete in VBA turned off

Selection doesn't have an autocomplete list, since the selection can be a
range object, a chart object, a commandbutton, a drawing object, etc.

Procedures are part of some other object, like Application, so you type
Application. to get an autolisting of procedures and properties for
Application.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Spammastergrand" wrote in message
How come I don't have autolist in my Excel XP VBA window.
For example, if I hit CTL-G and type Selection. nothing pops up. The same

goes
for procedures.

Spammastergrand

Autocomplete in VBA turned off

You're right. But how about

sheets(1).range("L18").

I could swear that used to bring up a list.

Bernie Deitrick

Autocomplete in VBA turned off

Using the codename for the sheet will:

Sheet1.Range("L18").

or just using the range will:

Range("L18").

Any time there is any ambiguity or doubt on Excel's part, it clams up and is
unhelpful....

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Spammastergrand" wrote in message
You're right. But how about

sheets(1).range("L18").

I could swear that used to bring up a list.

Spammastergrand

Autocomplete in VBA turned off

Okay. I've been using cells a lot more than range recently. I thought Range
listed properies and methods. I don;t see why it doesn't when youre even more
specific, like listing a sheet first.