-   -   How to call out object's text w/o selecting (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/304193-how-call-out-objects-text-w-o-selecting.html)

Wandering Mage

How to call out object's text w/o selecting

If Right(Sheets("DATABASE VIEW").Shapes
("stations").Characters.Text, 3) = "OFF" Then hasstation =
1

This is what I am trying to do, I want to check to see if
the text (the last 3 letters) in the button
called "stations" are "OFF". I do not want to select the
button to do this, however. I tried above script, but it
does not work. Let me know if you have a solution. As
always, for the millionth time!, all help is appreciated!
Thanks.

Bernie Deitrick

How to call out object's text w/o selecting

Wandering,

You need to use the shape's TextFrame object to access the Text:

If Right(Sheets("DATABASE
VIEW").Shapes("stations").TextFrame.Characters.Tex t, 3) = "OFF" Then....

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"Wandering Mage" wrote in message
If Right(Sheets("DATABASE VIEW").Shapes
("stations").Characters.Text, 3) = "OFF" Then hasstation =
1

This is what I am trying to do, I want to check to see if
the text (the last 3 letters) in the button
called "stations" are "OFF". I do not want to select the
button to do this, however. I tried above script, but it
does not work. Let me know if you have a solution. As
always, for the millionth time!, all help is appreciated!
Thanks.

Wandering Mage

How to call out object's text w/o selecting

Awesome, thanks!

.