-   -   conditional formatting (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/304189-conditional-formatting.html)

scrabtree[_2_]

conditional formatting

I have wrote a VBA code to add conditional formatting to a
cell. Here is the code:

With Sheets("T.S.").Range("AD10")
.FormatConditions.Delete
.FormatConditions.Add Type:=xlExpression,
Formula1:= _
"=IF(AD10=895,0,IF(AD10=0,0,1))"
.FormatConditions(1).Font.ColorIndex = xlAutomatic
.FormatConditions(1).Interior.ColorIndex = 3

However...it isn't adding the formatting???

Frank Kabel

conditional formatting

Hi
the following works for me:
Sub foo()
With Sheets("T.S.").Range("AD10")
.FormatConditions.Delete
.FormatConditions.Add Type:=xlExpression, _
Formula1:= _
"=(AD10<895)*(AD10<0)"
.FormatConditions(1).Font.ColorIndex = xlAutomatic
.FormatConditions(1).Interior.ColorIndex = 3
End With

Regards
Frank Kabel
Frankfurt, Germany

scrabtree wrote:
I have wrote a VBA code to add conditional formatting to a
cell. Here is the code:

With Sheets("T.S.").Range("AD10")
.FormatConditions.Delete
.FormatConditions.Add Type:=xlExpression,
Formula1:= _
"=IF(AD10=895,0,IF(AD10=0,0,1))"
.FormatConditions(1).Font.ColorIndex = xlAutomatic
.FormatConditions(1).Interior.ColorIndex = 3

However...it isn't adding the formatting???

scrabtree23[_2_]

conditional formatting

It isn't that my formula doesn't work, it is that the
conditional formatting just doesn't save???

scrabtree wrote:
I have wrote a VBA code to add conditional formatting

to a
cell. Here is the code:

With Sheets("T.S.").Range("AD10")
.FormatConditions.Delete
.FormatConditions.Add Type:=xlExpression,
Formula1:= _
"=IF(AD10=895,0,IF(AD10=0,0,1))"
.FormatConditions(1).Font.ColorIndex =

xlAutomatic
.FormatConditions(1).Interior.ColorIndex = 3

However...it isn't adding the formatting???

.

Frank Kabel

conditional formatting

Hi
what do you mean with 'does not save'?

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

scrabtree wrote:
I have wrote a VBA code to add conditional formatting to a
cell. Here is the code:

With Sheets("T.S.").Range("AD10")
.FormatConditions.Delete
.FormatConditions.Add Type:=xlExpression,
Formula1:= _
"=IF(AD10=895,0,IF(AD10=0,0,1))"
.FormatConditions(1).Font.ColorIndex = xlAutomatic
.FormatConditions(1).Interior.ColorIndex = 3

However...it isn't adding the formatting???

.

scrabtree23[_2_]

conditional formatting

When I click on the sheet, then click on the cell, then
check the conditional formatting, it isn't there.

scrabtree wrote:
I have wrote a VBA code to add conditional formatting

to a
cell. Here is the code:

With Sheets("T.S.").Range("AD10")
.FormatConditions.Delete
.FormatConditions.Add Type:=xlExpression,
Formula1:= _
"=IF(AD10=895,0,IF(AD10=0,0,1))"
.FormatConditions(1).Font.ColorIndex =

xlAutomatic
.FormatConditions(1).Interior.ColorIndex = 3

However...it isn't adding the formatting???
.

.

Frank Kabel

conditional formatting

Hi
this works for me (so I can see this condition within the dialog). Have
you tried this code as 'stand-alone'

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

scrabtree wrote:
I have wrote a VBA code to add conditional formatting to a
cell. Here is the code:

With Sheets("T.S.").Range("AD10")
.FormatConditions.Delete
.FormatConditions.Add Type:=xlExpression,
Formula1:= _
"=IF(AD10=895,0,IF(AD10=0,0,1))"
.FormatConditions(1).Font.ColorIndex = xlAutomatic
.FormatConditions(1).Interior.ColorIndex = 3

However...it isn't adding the formatting???
.

.

david mcritchie

conditional formatting

Did you select cell AD10 of sheet 'T.S.' before you looked at conditional formatting
because that is the only cell that the C.F. is applied to in the macro...
---
"scrabtree23" wrote in ...