-   -   Keeping track of Global variables (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/304151-keeping-track-global-variables.html)

Stuart[_5_]

Keeping track of Global variables

If I declare a Global variable, then I believe I'm
correct in saying that it will not be displayed in the
Locals window.

If so, then when debugging, how best to keep track
of its' value, please?

Regards.

---

Jan Karel Pieterse

Keeping track of Global variables

Hi Stuart,

If I declare a Global variable, then I believe I'm
correct in saying that it will not be displayed in the
Locals window.

If so, then when debugging, how best to keep track
of its' value, please?

You can expand the tree of the entire project by clicking the plus sign
to the left of it (in the locals window), so it shows you all of the
projects objects and global variables. Or you can of course add a watch
to a few variables by rightclicking them and selecting add watch.

Regards,

Jan Karel Pieterse
Excel MVP
www.jkp-ads.com

Tom Ogilvy

Keeping track of Global variables

They appeared in the locals window for me.

Tom Ogilvy

"Stuart" wrote in message
If I declare a Global variable, then I believe I'm
correct in saying that it will not be displayed in the
Locals window.

If so, then when debugging, how best to keep track
of its' value, please?

Regards.

---

Stuart[_5_]