-   -   How to access Excel-Sheets from outside Excel ? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/303858-how-access-excel-sheets-outside-excel.html)

Markus Obermayer

How to access Excel-Sheets from outside Excel ?

I am searching for a tool which enables me to retrieve the contents of a certain cell from outside
Excel through the command line.

I would like to call this utility at the command line, pass a cell identification and will get the contents e.g.:

D:\tempgetfromexcel.exe myexcelsheet.xls "23,G"
1234.45

Does such a tool exist?

Markus

Tom Ogilvy

How to access Excel-Sheets from outside Excel ?

Possibly using ADO and VB or another language you could write such a tool.

http://www.erlandsendata.no/english/...php?t=envbadac

Tom Ogilvy