-   -   Help with creating Excel Macro (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/303848-help-creating-excel-macro.html)

Tacket

Help with creating Excel Macro

Hello,

This is what I'm trying to do -- create either a macro or keyboard
shortcut. I would like to be able to highlight text in a cell, then
cut, delete one extra space, tab backwards and paste.

And for the life of me I can't figure out how to do it!

Thanks,
.... Tacket

Tom Ogilvy

Help with creating Excel Macro

Macros don't run when you are in edit mode (for all practical purposes).
So you can't really do what you describe.

Tom Ogilvy

"Tacket" wrote in message
om...
Hello,

This is what I'm trying to do -- create either a macro or keyboard
shortcut. I would like to be able to highlight text in a cell, then
cut, delete one extra space, tab backwards and paste.

And for the life of me I can't figure out how to do it!

Thanks,
... Tacket

Jim Rech

Help with creating Excel Macro

And for the life of me I can't figure out how to do it!

I'm not surprised. It's not possible. Macros will not run while you're
editing a cell.

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP