-   -   Override error code 214154 - max embedding (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/303824-override-error-code-214154-max-embedding.html)

Kreller[_2_]

Override error code 214154 - max embedding

Apparently it is not possible to embed more than 7 formulas in one, e.
(if...then(if...then)), etc. Do you have a suggestion to how I ca
"hotwire" that and make a e.g. a macro to embed more formulas or solv
the same task in a different way

Tom Ogilvy

Override error code 214154 - max embedding

Assuming you mean in a spreadsheet using worksheet formulas
Generally you can satisfy the requirement with a lookup table or using
Choose or some other combination of formulas - it depends on what you are
trying to do.

A workaround is to split your conditions between two top level conditions
then you can work down each side.
Chip Pearson has an example:

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/nested.htm

Tom Ogilvy

"Kreller " wrote in message
Apparently it is not possible to embed more than 7 formulas in one, e.g
(if...then(if...then)), etc. Do you have a suggestion to how I can
"hotwire" that and make a e.g. a macro to embed more formulas or solve
the same task in a different way?

---