-   -   Define an array with variable size (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/303647-define-array-variable-size.html)

Yiu Choi Fan

Define an array with variable size

Hi all,

In my Excel VBA program, I have to define an array, but the dimension of
this array is a variable, which dependents on the value in cell B1. I think
this is an easy problem but I don't know how to solve it _<

Thanks very much for your help!!

Best wishes
C.F. Yiu

Frank Kabel

Define an array with variable size

Hi
have a look at 'ReDim' in the Exel VBA help for this

In my Excel VBA program, I have to define an array,

but the dimension of
this array is a variable, which dependents on the value

in cell B1. I think
this is an easy problem but I don't know how to solve it
_<

Thanks very much for your help!!

Best wishes
C.F. Yiu

.

Norman Jones

Define an array with variable size

Hi Choi Fan,

Sub Test()
Dim Arr() As Variant
Dim i As Long

i = Range("A1").Value
ReDim Arr(1 To i)

End Sub

---
Regards,
Norman

"Yiu Choi Fan" wrote in message
Hi all,

In my Excel VBA program, I have to define an array, but the dimension

of
this array is a variable, which dependents on the value in cell B1. I

think
this is an easy problem but I don't know how to solve it _<

Thanks very much for your help!!

Best wishes
C.F. Yiu

Robin Hammond[_2_]

Define an array with variable size

Choi Fan,

Option Explicit
Sub ArrayDimension()
Dim vArray As Variant
ReDim vArray(0 To Sheets(1).Range("A1").Value)
MsgBox UBound(vArray, 1)
End Sub

The traffic is hell in Central if you are trying to get home that way. Just
took me 25 minutes to get past the Convention Centre from the Star Ferry.

Robin Hammond
www.enhanceddatasystems.com